None of this railway is open. The line ran from Jordanhill to Whiteinch in connection with a tramway and shipyard at Whiteinch. The alignment through Jordanhill was abandoned at an early date and turned into a goods yard having been replaced by an alignment on an embankment by the Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway. A connection was made at the west end of Jordanhill to give trains from that line access to the Whiteinch terminus.
Act passed. Built to service the Barclay Curle Shipyard, Charles Connel and Co Ltd's shipyard and Wylie and Lochhead's cabinet and sawmill at Whiteinch, the connection across Dumbarton Road to the works being provided by the Whiteinch Tramway.
Act passed. Continuation of Whiteinch Railway to various works
Opened as a branch from the Stobcross Railway from an east facing Whiteinch Junction. Railway operated by North British Railway and tramway by the Wood brothers.
|/ /1891||Whiteinch Railway
North British Railway|
North British buys the smaller line.
|/ /1897||Whiteinch Railway
North British Railway|
Proposed take over of the Whiteinch Railway by the North British Railway rejected.
Opened to passengers. A new connection was made to the line from the west of Crow Road. This replaced an earlier line which crossed under Crow road and joined at Whiteinch Junction which was further east (to the south of Gartnavel Royal Hospital). The route of this earlier line is now built over, but was slightly further south than the existing line. The North British Railway also built a spur from a west facing junction on the Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway to a north facing junction on the Stobcross Railway.
Line opened to passengers. New Whiteinch Victoria Park station opened. New connection put in to the west of Jordanhill station and west to north spur opened.
Whiteinch Victoria Park to Jordanhill closed to passengers.
Whiteinch Victoria Park to Jordanhill closed to freight. The line was used for construction trains during the Glasgow North Bank Electrification Scheme.
These locations are along the line.
Junction between the Stobcross Railway and the Whiteinch Railway. The junction was just west of today's Hyndland station. The Whiteinch line was single track. Approach to it from the Stobcross line was from the east. It followed a different route west, passing under Crow Road to the south of the later Jordanhill station alignment. The first part of this can be seen on the left on a ...More details
This was a passenger terminus opened next to an existing goods station. The terminus was added to the Whiteinch Railway branch of 1874 alongside, and to the east of, the goods yard and interchange point with the Clydeside Tramway.