The Clydeside Tramway ran both at street level and along a reserved track. It served the many shipyards and other works in Clydebank along Castlebank Street and South Street. It was connected to the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway at Partick Central and Scotstoun West.
|/ /1914||Clydeside Tramway|
Sidings promoted by Glasgow Corporation to Merklands Wharf. (Later withdrawn.)
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This was an island platform station. The station was just to the north of Yarrow's Shipbuilding, Engineering and Boilermaking Works partly on a bridge. The station was just west of Scotstoun West Junction. The station building was typical of the line.
This large shipyard is on the north bank of the River Clyde in Scotstoun. It is a naval yard, owned by BAE Systems. It is no longer rail served.
This junction was to the immediate east of Partick West station, that station being built on the lines approaching the junction. This was the east junction of a triangular junction, the northern apex being Partick North Junction and western Partick West Junction.