This quay was on the north bank of the River Clyde, serving the considerable Meadowside Granary to its north. The Merklands Quay was to the west and Meadowside Shipbuilding Yard to the east.
In 1911 the berth allocations were for general traffic.
The Meadowside Granary opened in 1913 and was extended west along the quayside. A complex of grain elevators ran by the quaysides. The east end of the quayside was rail served, the site being served by the Clydeside Tramway.
Much of the development was not long after the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway opened in 1896, the railway opening up the area.
The granary closed in 1988 but remained intact for many years - a Clyde Port Authority control tower was located on top of one of the buildings. The site was used for various purposes including storage of vehicles.
It was cleared around 2002 and the site is now flats. The embankment of the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway was levelled.
Merkland Street [Subway]
Hyndland Power Box
| Meadowside Granary|
Partick East Junction
Partick West Junction
Partick North Junction
Meadowside Shipbuilding Yard
Partickhill Goods [NBR]
Crow Road Tunnel
Water Row Ship Yard
Tod and McGregor^s Graving Dock
Partickhill Goods [CR]
Merkland Street Tunnel
Govan Old Parish Church
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|