Clyde Trust Siding Signal Box (1896-1907)
Opened on the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway.
This short lived signal box was west of Dalmuir Riverside. It controlled access to the Clyde Trust's Dalmuir Dredger Works, the west end of Beardmore's Dalmuir Naval Construction Yard, and the Dalmuir Sewage Purification Works. These were on the south side of the main line and on the north bank of the River Clyde.
The box closed in 1907 and the connection to the main line taken out, but the long siding running east to the east end of Dalmuir Riverside remained in place and continued to give access to the works.
(There was also a Clyde Trust Siding on the Glasgow and Renfrew District Railway.)
Singer Workers Platforms
Other railway and industry locations
Dalmuir Dredger Works
Dalmuir Sewage Purification Works
Dalmuir Park Junction
Chivas Bros Siding
Chivas Bros Bond
Turners Asbestos Cement Works
Singer Timber Yard
Dalmuir No 25 Tunnel
Dalmuir No 23 Tunnels
Mountblow Oil Terminal
Newshot Island Wrecks
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)