This goods yard was between Kilbowie station and Clydebank Riverside. It was on the south/west side of the line. Approach was from the goods loop on the south side of Kilbowie station.
A siding ran from the south end of the yard to meet the existing railway (from Clydebank East) into the Clydebank Engineering and Shipbuilding Works. This siding ran parallel and on the west side of the main line without making any connection. A yard - largely for the shipyard - was laid out on the east side of the goods yard and west side of the main line. The siding passed under the Clydebank to Dalmuir (North British Railway) to reach the shipyard. Carriage/exchange sidings were located on the east side of the main line, on the siding to the British Chemical Company Works.
Access to the goods yard was controlled by Clydebank Goods Junction signal box at the east end of Kilbowie station. After 1933, when this box closed, the station^s goods loops were accessed from the west end of Kilbowie station, controlled by the box there. The connection between the loops and main line were taken out at the east end of the station.
The line closed altogether in 1976. The site is now the ^Play Drome^ and surrounding car parks.
Singer Workers Platforms
Renfrew Fulbar Street
| North British Chemical Works|
Clydebank Goods Junction
Clydebank East Shed
Clydebank Central Junction
Singer Signal Box
Kilbowie Swing Bridge
East Barns of Clyde Shipyard
Dalmuir No 23 Tunnels
Titan Crane [Clydebank]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)