This line provided a second route west from Glasgow Queen Street Low Level by extending from Clydebank to Dalmuir.
For further convenience a curve was put in at Jordanhill to allow a train from the Maryhill direction to run west, giving access to shipyards and docks in the process.
A section of the Forth and Clyde Canal was realigned to the south near Dalmuir for the construction, where the line passes below.
|08/05/1897||Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway
Clydebank to Dalmuir (North British Railway)|
Extended from Clydebank Junction to Dalmuir. The original terminus, Clydebank [1st], is left on a short branch with a east facing junction, Clydebank Junction, and is re-named Clydebank East. Dalmuir [1st] is replaced by Dalmuir.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
This is a junction between the Anniesland to Hyndland alignment of the 1874 Stobcross Railway and a 1897 curve which runs from north to west to meet the Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway of 1882. The curve is single track (formerly double) and other lines double. The curve crosses Crow Road. The junction is the northern apex of a triangular junction formed with [[Hyndland West ...More details
This junction opened in 1897, the southern end of a curve from Whiteinch North Junction. It was opened as part of the improvements to the Clydebank line which was doubled throughout and extended to Dalmuir to create a new through route. The curve, in particular, gave the North British Railway direct access to several north bank of the Clyde sites from the [[Edinburgh and Glasgow ...More details
This junction was east of Clydebank East, the terminus of the Glasgow, Yoker and Clydebank Railway. This line was extended west to Dalmuir in 1897 leaving the terminus on a short branch. Both lines were double track. The newer line remains open while the original terminus is closed. The newer line gently curved away to the north of the terminal lines, the kink can still be discerned ...More details
This is a two platform station on an embankment. The main station building is on the eastbound platform and it has a footbridge.
This is a five platform station. There are two platforms on the Singer route and to the north two platforms on the Clydebank route and a bay to the north of those, served from the Clydebank direction.