Opened on the Aberdour Line (North British Railway).
This is a two platform station which opened with the Aberdour Line approach to the Forth Bridge. The station replaced the Burntisland [1st] terminal which is adjoining to its immediate south.
The westbound platform building has a wooden canopy and there is an unusual style of stone waiting shelter on the eastbound platform, with a plaque.
The Artline - Art and Heritage on the railway in Fife
Granton Gasworks [Station]
Other railway and industry locations
Burntisland Locomotive Workshops
Burntisland East Junction
Burntisland Aluminium Works
Newbiggin Signal Box [2nd]
Newbigging Limestone Mine
Orrock Hill Quarry
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|31/07/1845||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Act receives Royal assent. Mainline from Burntisland to Perth via Ladybank. Branches from Ladybank to Cupar and Kirkcaldy to the harbour. The Perth station was to be by the Dundee and Perth Railway station.
|17/09/1847||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Opened from Burntisland to Lindores and Cupar. Stations at Burntisland [1st], Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Sinclairtown, Dysart, Thornton, Markinch, Falkland Road, Kingskettle, Ladybank, Collessie, Lindores [1st], Springfield and Cupar.