Opened on the Edinburgh and Northern Railway.
Open on the Edinburgh to Dundee.
This is a two platform station. The building design is the smaller style of station on the former Edinburgh and Northern Railway by David Bell. The building is on the southbound platform.
The goods yard was on the south side, accessed by a reversing spur approached from the west.
Other railway and industry locations
Cults Lime Works
Bunzion Lime Works
Ladybank South Junction
Beet Factory Signal Box
Forthar Lime Works
Hill of Tarvit Mansion
Coaltown of Burnturk
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|17/09/1847||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Opened from Burntisland to Lindores and Cupar. Stations at Burntisland [1st], Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Sinclairtown, Dysart, Thornton, Markinch, Falkland Road, Kingskettle, Ladybank, Collessie, Lindores [1st], Springfield and Cupar.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife