This station was to the north of Windmill Road. It was a two platform station.
There was a goods yard on the east side, reached by reversing from the southbound line.
The signal box was at the north end of the station on the west side, opposite the connection for the exchange sidings for the Frances Colliery Railway (Earl of Rosslyn Collieries). This branch, on the east side and approached from the south, rapidly led to two sets of exchange sidings and the branch itself continued east over Normand Road level crossing to the colliery. The exchange sidings were a later addition. The box closed in 1980, taken over by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre.
To the south, and west, was Sinclairtown [2nd] station.
Dysart Harbour is to the south.
Glenrothes with Thornton
Thornton Junction [W&BR]
| Frances Colliery|
Sinclairtown NCL Depot
Kirkcaldy Harbour Maltings
East Bridge Flour Mills
Kirkcaldy Corporation Tramways Power Station
Victoria Stone Dressing Siding
Dunniker Coach Works
Dysart Colliery Randolph Pit
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|17/09/1847||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Opened from Burntisland to Lindores and Cupar. Stations at Burntisland [1st], Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Sinclairtown, Dysart, Thornton, Markinch, Falkland Road, Kingskettle, Ladybank, Collessie, Lindores [1st], Springfield and Cupar.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife