Lindores [1st] (1847-1847)
Opened on the Edinburgh and Northern Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a temporary terminus of the line from Ladybank before it was extended west ultimately to Hilton Junction.
The short lived terminus also seems to have been known as Abdie, after the nearby Abdie Church.
Other railway and industry locations
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Pitfour Clay Pit
Pitfour Brick and Tile Works
Abernethy Round Tower
Heavy Horse Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife