Opened on the Edinburgh and Northern Railway.
Opened on the Binnend Oilworks Railway.
This is a two platform station. The main station building is on the northbound platform.
The goods yard was on the west side of the line, approached from the north by reversal. The signal box was located at the north end of the station. A long siding led from the goods yard through a tunnel and on to a reversing spur. From here the branch (Binnend Oilworks Railway) ran north and then west to Burntisland Oil Works.
The signal box closed in 1967.
The station building has been converted Artline Kinghorn with an art studio on the upper floor and gallery on the ground floor.
The Artline - Art and Heritage on the railway in Fife
Other railway and industry locations
Seafield Ground Frame
Tyrie Bleach Works
Burntisland East Junction
Seafield Branch Junction
Burntisland Locomotive Workshops
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|17/09/1847||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Opened from Burntisland to Lindores and Cupar. Stations at Burntisland [1st], Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Sinclairtown, Dysart, Thornton, Markinch, Falkland Road, Kingskettle, Ladybank, Collessie, Lindores [1st], Springfield and Cupar.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife