This was a two platform station with a bay (the goods siding) on the northbound platform at the north end. Opposite this was a signal box. The north end was built over a road bridge. The box was to close in 1934 when the line was singled.
The line remains open, still single track.
| Ladybank Works|
Ladybank South Junction
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Forthar Lime Works
Bunzion Lime Works
Coaltown of Burnturk
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|17/09/1847||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
Opened from Burntisland to Lindores and Cupar. Stations at Burntisland [1st], Kinghorn, Kirkcaldy, Sinclairtown, Dysart, Thornton, Markinch, Falkland Road, Kingskettle, Ladybank, Collessie, Lindores [1st], Springfield and Cupar.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)
Fife's Last Days of Steam
Fife's Lost Railways
Railways of Fife
The Railways of Fife