Newburgh [2nd] (1902-1955)
Opened on the Strathearn Junction Railway (Edinburgh and Northern Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
The second Newburgh station was opened west of the original on a site which allowed expansion of the goods yard. The main station building was on the eastbound platform. The signal box was at the west end of the easbound platform.
The line west to Bridge of Earn [2nd] was singled in 1933.
The station closed to passengers in 1955. The line east to Glenburnie Junction was singled in 1960. A loop remained at the former station. The box closed in 1980 and the loop was taken out.
The goods yard is closed.
The eastbound station building remained standing in derelict condition until 2016. The goods shed and other goods buildings remain standing.
Bridge of Earn [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Clatchard Craig Quarry
Pitfour Clay Pit
Pitfour Brick and Tile Works
Abernethy Round Tower
Heavy Horse Centre
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|