Lammerlaws Yard

Location type

Sidings

Name and dates

Lammerlaws Yard (1901-1993)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Northern Railway.

Description

This yard was approached from the east at Burntisland East Junction and was divided into a portion for the north side of Burntisland East Dock and south side portion.

The sidings from the northern portion met the line from Burntisland Junction continuing west to the north side staith, north side quays and continued west to Burntisland West Dock.

Those sidings in the southern portion served the two staithes on the side side of the dock.

In 1969 the connection from Burntisland Junction closed, leaving the access through Lammerlaws Yard from Burntisland East Junction as the only access to the docks.

With resignalling 1979 Burntisland East Junction was taken out, Burntisland Junction reinstalled and the yard reduced to a few sidings approached from the west.

The sidings ceased to be used around 1993 and the connection taken out.

Tags

Yard 10/10/2019


Books


A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)

Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)

Fife's Last Days of Steam

Fife's Lost Railways

Railways of Fife

The Railways of Fife