This large yard was associated with the expansion of the docks at Methil, particularly the opening of Methil Dock No 3, and the expansion of the lines between the former Leven Railway and the Methil docks.
The yard had been reduced to a single line by the time the Kingdom of Fife Railway Preservation Society choose the site as their base, the Fife Heritage Railway Centre.
Thornton Junction [W&BR]
Glenrothes with Thornton
| Kirkland Goods|
Leven Colliery Nos 1 and 2 Pits
Wemyss Saw Planing and Moulding Mills
Aberhill Tram Depot
Methil East Junction
Leven Colliery No 4 Pit
Methil Hydraulic Power Station
Methil Power Station
Methil Dock No 1
River Leven [Fife]
Methil Dock No 3
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|/12/1908||Leven Dock Railway|
Line from Kirkland Yard to Methil Docks quadrupled.
Thornton Junction to Kirkland Yard singled