This line is open except for the sidings at the now closed and infilled Leven Dock. The was a goods only line running from what later became Kirkland Yard to the dock. Access was in fact from the east - a reversal from the goods yard at Leven [1st] followed by a second reversal at a headshunt at Kirkland.
These locations are along the line.
This junction, actually at Levenmouth, was formed in 1914 during the works to open Methil Dock No 3. Kirkland Yard was laid out to the west, a great improvement on the single track line from the Kirkland Siding reversing spur in Leven. A quadruple track was laid from the yard to Methil East Junction where there were sidings on the site of the Leven Dock and a new quadruple track ...More details