This station was built to a design commonly used on this line. A loop, with a passenger platform on one side (north) and a loading bank (south) which was an island served on both sides. A siding to the south was served from the east. Unlike most of the other stations it was not altered from this. There was a level crossing at the west end.
Prior to this, it was the terminus of the line before its extension east. The terminus was on the same site with a goods yard at the west end, north of the line, served from the west. There appears to have been a small trainshed.
Kilconquhar West box opened in 1907. The box was on the platform, just east of the station building. It closed before the station in 1962.
The passenger platform remains as does the station building.
| Coalyard Hill|
Coal Farm Coal Pit
Sir Andrew Wood^s Canal
Silverburn Flax Mill
Newark Castle [St Monance]
Kellie Castle and Garden
River Leven [Fife]
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|23/07/1855||East of Fife Railway|
Authorised from Leven [2nd] to Kilconquhar.
|08/07/1857||East of Fife Railway|
Line opened from Leven [2nd] to Kilconquhar.
|01/09/1863||Leven and East of Fife Railway|
Line opened from Kilconquhar to Anstruther [1st].
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
The Leven & East of Fife Railway (Oakwood Library of Railway History)