East of Fife Railway

Introduction

This line is closed.






Dates

23/07/1855[East of Fife Railway]
Authorised from Leven to Kilconquhar.
08/07/1857[East of Fife Railway]
Line opened from Leven to Kilconquhar.
  /  /1861[Leven Railway]
[East of Fife Railway]
[Leven and East of Fife Railway]
Leven Railway and East for Fife Railway merge to form the Leven and East Fife Railway.
22/07/1861[Leven Railway]
[East of Fife Railway]
[Leven and East of Fife Railway]
Leven Railway and East of Fife Railway merge to form the Leven and East of Fife Railway.
01/09/1863[Leven and East of Fife Railway]
Line opened from Kilconquhar to Anstruther.
  /  /1877[Leven and East of Fife Railway]
Leven and East of Fife Railway absorbed by North British Railway.
01/08/1877[Leven and East of Fife Railway]
[North British Railway]
Leven and East of Fife Railway absorbed by North British Railway.
06/09/1965[Anstruther and St Andrews Railway]
[Leven and East of Fife Railway]
[East of Fife Railway]
St Andrews to Leven closed passengers.
18/06/1966[Anstruther and St Andrews Railway]
[East of Fife Railway]
Crail to Leven closed to freight.

Locations along the line

These locations are along the line.

This was the original terminus of the Leven Railway. It was just west of Leven [2nd] which replaced it when the line was extended east by the East of Fife Railway to Kilconquhar.
...

More details
View west along the course of the Leven branch in July 2013, now the access road to the KFRPS's Methil site. ...
Bill Roberton 06/07/2013

This was a two platform station on a double track, previously a loop. The station replaced Leven [1st] to the west which became a goods yard when the Leven Railway was extended east from an end on junction by the East of Fife Railway. The line was doubled in 1910.
...

More details
The Station Hotel, on Station Road, seen from Station Court, Leven. All that's missing is the station ... The fencing looks to be a survival but the ...
Bill Roberton 28/04/2018

This was a single platform station with the platform on the north side of a single track line. There was a goods station at the west end, served from the west.
...

More details
The derelict station at Lundin Links in August 1969, almost four years after closure. Taken from the north side of the station looking east towards ...
Bill Jamieson /08/1969

This was a two platform station immediately east of the Largo Viaduct. The main station building was on the westbound platform. A goods line ran round the north of the eastbound line and there was a goods yard to the north served from the east. The original signal box was east of the main station building.
...

More details

This station was built to a design commonly used on this line. A loop, with a passenger platform on one side (north) and a loading bank (south) which was an island served on both sides. A siding to the south was served from the east. Unlike most of the other stations it was not altered from this. There was a level crossing at the west end.
...

More details
The old station building at Kilconquhar in July 2007 looking south from the A917 road. ...
John Furnevel 26/7/2007
View east along the single platform at Kilconquhar looking towards Elie in 1996. Opened by the East of Fife Railway in 1857 this was the terminus of ...
Ewan Crawford //1996
The charmingly pronounced ('Kinyucher') Kilconquhar station seen from a train shortly before 6 September 1964, the date of the withdrawal of passenger ...
Frank Spaven Collection (Courtesy David Spaven) /09/1964