Location type


Name and dates

Aberdour (1890-)

Station code: AUR National Rail ScotRail
Where: Fife, Scotland
Opened on the Aberdour Line (North British Railway).
Open on the Fife Circle.
Open on the Edinburgh to Perth.
Open on the Edinburgh to Dundee.


This is a two platform station. The main station building, one storey with canopy, is on the up (southbound) platform. A small stone waiting shelter also remains on the down platform. The station is located in Aberdour itself.

The signal box ('B' listed) opened with the line. It is just north of the building and remains standing.

The goods yard, closed in 1964, was located on the east side of the station, accessed from the north (now the car park). The stone goods shed was demolished.

The station has a well tended garden and has floral displays.

The main station building is now the Aberdour Heritage Centre .

The signal box closed in 1979 replaced by the Edinburgh Signalling Centre.It was renovated in 2017 and is currently in use as a pottery Aberdour Signal Box .

The Artline - Art and Heritage on the railway in Fife



External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67


Gaelic name: Obar Dhobhair

Chronology Dates

02/06/1890Aberdour Line (North British Railway)
Aberdour opened.
  /05/1964Aberdour Line (North British Railway)
Aberdour closed to goods.

News items

04/07/2023Aberdour-Dalgety Bay railway line closed in Fife after lorry crashes into bridge [STV]
11/06/2023Train services resume to Fife and Dundee after earlier fault closed the line [The Courier]
17/05/2023Network Rail lends a hand at Aberdour Heritage Centre and Station Gardens [Network Rail]
03/02/2023Fife Circle rail services to be reviewed by ScotRail [Dunfermline Press]
14/11/2022Warning to motorists as Fife station car park set to close [Fife Today]
22/08/2022Railway vegetation clearance planned in Fife [Network Rail]
12/04/2022Community projects benefit from £4m investment [ScotRail]
10/03/2022Aberdour: Cala Homes say pipes to be laid under Silver Sands park and railway line [Dunfermline Press]
01/06/2021Bridge repair closes section of busy Dalgety Bay to Kirkcaldy road for three months [Evening Telegraph]
25/02/2021Famous Aberdour station recreated in scaled down miniature [The Courier]


Burntisland: Fife's Railway Port (Locomotion papers)