This original route of this line is closed. The line was later renamed the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway upon its extension to Granton and Leith. A connecting line was later built from the Granton and Leith branches to Abbeyhill and Piershill (Easter Road Deviation (North British Railway)).
|05/08/1968||[Leith New Lines] ([Caledonian Railway])|
Leith North closed. (Latterly accessed via the dock lines from the [Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway]).
These locations are along the line.
This station was the Edinburgh terminus of the Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway until its extension south to Edinburgh Canal Street in 1847. The station was built in an extremely cramped site. It was on the northern edge of the New Town and extending it on took it to mid way between the New Town and the Old Town.
This goods yard was between Warriston Viaduct and Warriston Junction, to the north, and Rodney Street Tunnel, to the south. The yard was on the west side of the line and approached from the north. Across the railway from the yard was the Logie Green Works. Heriothill House was just to the south.
This junction was to the south of Trinity [2nd] station. The signal box was located on the west side.