North Leith

Location type


Names and dates

[North] Leith (1846-1868)
North Leith (1868-1947)

Opened on the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Passenger terminus for trains from Edinburgh Canal Street until 1868 when these swapped to the new more easily graded route via Leith Walk. A goods line continued down the west side of the station to serve Leith West Old Dock and Leith East Old Dock and later further Leith docks.