Leith Walk (1868-1930)
Opened on the Easter Road Deviation (North British Railway).
This was a two platform station on the west side of Leith Walk. The main station building was at street level on the south side and there were waiting shelters on each platform. The footbridge was on the west side of Leith Walk with stairs down to the platforms. A row of shops is on the east side of the Leith Walk bridge over the railway.
On the south side of the station was a siding, approached from the north west.
The original signal box was close to the end of the westbound platform was replaced in 1895 with a larger box a little further to the west.
To the west was a long siding on the north/west side of the line. This served, going away from the station, Shrubhill Tramway Depot and Rosebank Iron Works. On the south/west side of the line was Bowershall Mills (Stationary), served by a siding on the south side, approached by crossing over the northbound line to join the southbound line.
The station closed in 1930. The waiting shelters, footbridge and stairs were removed and stain building put to other uses.
The signal box closed in 1948.
To the east of Leith Walk was Leith Walk East Goods which was on the south side of the line and approached from the east. A stairway from the trackbed east of the Leith Walk bridge climbed to the yard.
The railway was reduced to a single track.
It is now out of use.
York Place [Tram]
Leith Walk [CR]
St Andrew Square [Tram]
Easter Road Park Halt
Princes Street [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Shrubhill Tram Depot
Leith Walk East Goods
Rosebank Iron Works
Easter Road Junction
Leith Walk West Goods
Victoria Brass Foundry
Bonnington South Junction
St Ann^s Maltings
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|