Trinity [2nd] (1846-1917)
Trinity [2nd] (1919-1925)
Opened on the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway.
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was a two platform station with the main station building on the southbound (Edinburgh bound) platform, now a house.
The station building is two stories as viewed from the former approach road and a single storey facing the platform, due to the rising ground immediately to the north of the station.
There was a small coal depot on the east side of the station, approached from the south. This was closed around the time of the Great War.
To the south is Trinity Tunnel and beyond that was Trinity Junction.
Following closure to passengers the line was reduced to a single track, the southbound line being lifted. Just south of the station the track slewed and the northbound line was lifted.
The line is now a footpath. The platforms and station building remain.
Trinity Chain Pier was located just to the north.
Newhaven [Leith New Lines]
East Pilton Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Boswell Road Temporary Signal Box
Newhaven Goods and Minerals
Leith High Depot Junction
Ferry Road Junction
Leith High Depot
Bonnington North Junction
Chancelot Mill [2nd]
Chancelot Mill [1st]
Bonnington East Junction
Bonnington North Viaduct
Bonnington South Viaduct
Bonnington Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|