Trinity [1st]

Location type

Station

Name and dates

Trinity [1st] (1842-1846)

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.

Opened on the Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway.

Description

Trinity was temporarily the terminus of the line between 1842 and 1846. With the commencement of the Granton Harbour Company's Granton Pier to Burntisland Pier steamer service coaches began between the temporary terminus and Granton Pier (see entry for ferry details).

In 1846 the line was extended to Granton. The first Trinity station was replaced by the permanent station, Trinity [2nd].

Tags

Station terminus 04/10/2019