Heriothill Goods

Location type

Sidings


Name and dates

Heriothill Goods (1846-1967)

Opened on the Edinburgh, Leith and Granton Railway.

Opened on the Edinburgh, Leith and Newhaven Railway.


Description

This goods yard was between Warriston Viaduct and Warriston Junction, to the north, and Rodney Street Tunnel, to the south. The yard was on the west side of the line and approached from the north. Across the railway from the yard was the Logie Green Works. Heriothill House was just to the south.

The yard had a loading bank to the east and a set of sidings to the west. Warriston Sawmills were in the north of the yard.

The line closed in 1967.

The yard site is now housing. The former line is a footpath considerably improved by the re-opening of the Rodney Street Tunnel to the south.


Tags

Goods sidings minerals

External links

NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67
NLS Map
NLS Map