Opened on the Easter Road Deviation (North British Railway).
This was a two platform station on an elevated section of line. The booking office was at street level at the east end on Restalrig Road with covered footways up to the platform above. The westbound platform was approached from Clockmill Road. Waiting room buildings on the platforms North British Railway style.
The station was directly north of St Margarets Shed on the North British Railway main line and west of Piershill Junction. Immediately to the east was the North British's St Margarets Gas Works. Lochend South Junction was to the west.
There was no goods yard. The station did not open with the line (opened 1868).
Part of the street level building remains, little else remains. Even Clockmill Road is no more. The line was reduced to a single track and is presently out of use.
Easter Road Park Halt
Leith Walk [CR]
York Place [Tram]
Princes Street [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
St Margarets Shed
St Margarets Shed [2nd]
Lochend North Junction
Powderhall Branch Junction
St Andrew Steel Works
London Road Junction [Edinburgh]
Rose Lane Goods
Easter Road Stadium
Easter Road Junction
St Ann^s Maltings
St Triduana^s Chapel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|