Leith Central (1903-1952)
Opened on the Leith Central Branch (North British Railway).
Leith Central was a large four platform terminus with a glazed roof fronting Leith Walk. The station was approached from the east and south. On the approach lines a junction at London Road Junction gave access to Edinburgh Waverley and at Lochend South Junction the line ran east towards Portobello.
The station closed in 1952 and it was redeveloped as Leith Central Diesel Depot. The signal box closed in 1966. The line closed altogether in 1972.
The station was demolished but the frontage on Leith Walk remains intact.
Leith Walk [CR]
Easter Road Park Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Leith Central Diesel Depot
Leith Walk West Goods
St Ann^s Maltings
Crawford^s Biscuit Factory
Leith Engine Works
Victoria Brass Foundry
Edinburgh and Leith Gas Works
Leith East Goods
North Leith Tunnel
Edinburgh and Leith Glass Works
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|