Leith Central Diesel Depot (1959-1970)
Opened on the Leith Central Branch (North British Railway).
Leith Central closed in 1952 and it was redeveloped, in 1959, as Leith Central Diesel Depot. British Railways assigned the code 64H.
The signal box closed in 1966. The depot closed in 1972 and after several years of dereliction the station, except the frontage, was demolished in the late 1980s. The site of the station is now a supermarket and its car park. It is extremely unfortunate that the building was not re-developed for this use.
The station frontage on Leith Walk remains intact.
Leith Walk [CR]
Easter Road Park Halt
Other railway and industry locations
Leith Walk West Goods
St Ann^s Maltings
Crawford^s Biscuit Factory
Leith Engine Works
Leith East Goods
Edinburgh and Leith Gas Works
Leith Rope Works
Victoria Brass Foundry
Edinburgh and Leith Glass Works
North Leith Tunnel
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|