Musselburgh Branch (North British Railway)

Introduction

This line is closed.





Locations along the line

These locations are along the line.

This was the junction between the 1831 Fisherrow branch of the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway and the 1847 Musselburgh Branch (North British Railway).
...

More details

This terminus was in Musselburgh itself, on the east bank of the River Esk next to the 'Roman Bridge' (actually medieval). The site was fairly cramped being constrained by the river on the north side and works to the south. The station replaced Musselburgh [1st], about a mile to the south, which became Inveresk.
...

More details
A 1995 view south showing the former rail bridge into Musselburgh station, now modified to carry the A6095 road. All signs of the former terminus and ...
John Furnevel 12/09/1996
The Railway Society of Scotland J36 Rail Tour at Musselburgh terminus on 27 August 1966. No 65345 is in charge, as it was throughout the tour. ...
Andy Carr Collection 27/08/1966
Rail bridge over the River Esk leading into the old Musselburgh terminus and goods yard in May 1972. The station had closed to passengers in 1964 and ...
John Furnevel 21/05/1972