|09/03/1837||Newcastle and Carlisle Railway|
Branch to basin on the Carlisle and Port Carlisle Canal in Carlisle opened. The terminus later became Canal Yard and was an interchange point with the North British Railway who acquired the Carlisle and Port Carlisle Railway and Dock Company.
|/ /1858||Port Carlisle Junction to Canal Junction Curve (Caledonian Railway)|
Line authorised to connect the Caledonian Railway, from Port Carlisle Junction, to the Carlisle and Port Carlisle Railway and Dock at Canal Junction [Carlisle].
|/ /1882||Carlisle and Port Carlisle Railway and Dock
Carlisle and Silloth Bay Railway and Dock|
Caledonian Railway granted running powers between Abbeyholme Junction and Canal Yard (where connection was made with the Newcastle and Carlisle Railway) over the North British Railway controlled lines.
|06/01/1969||Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway
Marquis of Lothians Waggonway
Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway)
Border Union Railway (North British Railway)
Carlisle and Port Carlisle Railway and Dock|
Edinburgh (Portobello East Junction) to Hawick [2nd] to Carlisle (Port Carlisle Junction) closed to passengers. Newtongrange [1st], Gorebridge, Tynehead, Heriot, Fountainhall, Stow, Galashiels [1st], Melrose, St Boswells, Hassendean, Hawick [2nd], Stobs, Shankend, Riccarton Junction, Steele Road, Newcastleton stations closed.
This line is divided into a number of portions.
Single track passenger and goods line from Canal Goods [Carisle] to Port Carlisle.
This was an island platform junction station. It opened in 1856 when the Carlisle and Silloth Bay Railway and Dock line opened to Silloth, extending the Port Carlisle Dock and Railway line and leaving Port Carlisle and Glasson on a short branch.