Newtongrange [1st]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Newtongrange [1st] (1908-1969)

Opened on the Edinburgh and Hawick Railway (North British Railway).

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This was a two platform station. It was north of the new Newtongrange station and south of the Newbattle Viaduct. It replaced Dalhousie station which was located to the north of the viaduct. The relocation was due to the mining village becoming established at Newtongrange and the inconvenience of the original Dalhousie terminus of the Edinburgh and Dalkeith Railway.

06/08/2018

Tags

Station