Boat of Garten (1863-1965)
Boat of Garten (1978-)
Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.
Opened on the Strathspey Railway.
Open on the Strathspey Railway [Preserved].
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This is a preserved station on the Strathspey Railway. The architect of the station building, the present building dating from around 1904, was William Roberts.
There is a goods yard on the east side, approached from the south.
Both north and south boxes are 'B' listed.
To the north two single track railways ran north to Broomhill Junction - the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway of 1863 and the original Strathspey Railway, reaching here in 1866.
The was station closed in 1965 by British Railways and was re-opened by the Strathspey Railway in 1978.
Boat of Garten
Ballifurth Farm Halt
Castle Grant Platform
Other railway and industry locations
Boat of Garten Shed
Broomhill Spey Viaduct
Carrbridge Heritage Park
Dulnain Viaduct [Carrbridge]
Baddengorm Burn Viaduct
River Dulnain Viaduct
Cnap Coire na Spreidhe
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|06/09/1965||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Dallas Dhu Siding to Boat of Garten closed to freight.
|04/11/1968||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Boat of Garten to Aviemore North Signal closed to freight.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2