This was a two road stone built locomotive shed just north of Boat of Garten station.
It was on the east side of the lines, alongside the former Strathspey Railway and was used by the Great North of Scotland Railway for trains terminating at Boat of Garten.
The shed was approached from the south and there was a turntable on its east side.
The shed closed when railbuses were introduced on the Strathspey Railway in 1958.
The site is now in other uses.
Boat of Garten
Ballifurth Farm Halt
Castle Grant Platform
| Laggantygown Loop|
Spey Viaduct [Broomhill]
Carrbridge Heritage Park
Old Pack Horse Bridge
Dulnain Viaduct [Carrbridge]
Baddengorm Burn Viaduct
River Dulnain Viaduct
Carrbridge Golf Club
Dalfaber Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: The North of Scotland v. 15 (Regional railway history series)
Forgotten Railways: Scotland
Old Grantown to Aviemore: Upper Strathspey
Speyside Railways: Exploring the Remains of the Great North of Scotland Railways and Its Environs
Strathspey Railway: Guide book