|/ /1978||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Aviemore to Boat of Garten conveyed to the Strathspey Railway [Preserved].
|/07/1998||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Aviemore station altered and re-opened to Strathspey Railway [Preserved] traffic and Aviemore Speyside station closed.
These locations are along the line.
This is a three platform station, formerly with a bay at the north end on the west side. The station was rebuilt and enlarged when Aviemore became a junction on the opening of the Direct Line to Inverness via Carrbridge. The name Aviemore is from Gaelic, 'An Aghaidh Mhòr' - The big (mountain) face, describing the hill Craigellachie which lies to the west.
This is a preserved station on the Strathspey Railway. The architect of the station building, (dating from around 1904), was William Roberts. A 1860s stone portion, house styled like at Dava, is extended by the newer timber portion. It was a junction station, the line from Perth dividing here to go north to Forres or north east via Strathspey to Keith. The station is 712 ft ...More details
This is a single platform station on the Strathspey Railway (Preserved). The station is a superb reconstruction of the station in its former form.