This was a two platform station with a passing loop on the single track Aviemore to Forres former main line of the Highland Railway.
The station had a long passing loop, the platforms being relatively short by comparison. The main station building was on the northbound platform, with a waiting room opposite. A footbridge, just to the north of the main building, crossed to the other platform.
The goods yard was north of the station on the west side. It was approached from the south. A pair of sidings served a loading bank and the goods shed, just north of the station building, was reached by reversal. Because of the turnout to the goods yard the platforms were staggered, the northbound platform being a little south of the southbound.
There were two signal boxes, opened in 1885. The north box was between the goods yard sidings and on the west side of the loop. The south box was on the west side of the points at the far south end of the loop.
The station, boxes and line closed altogether in 1965.
The station building, now a house, remains standing.
The Divie Viaduct is to the south of the station.
The Dava Way avoids the station itself but approaches the former station along the trackbed from either direction (Dava Way ).
Dallas Dhu Halt
| Divie Viaduct|
Dallas Dhu Siding
Findhorn Viaduct [Forres]
Forres South Junction
Forres West Junction
Forres East Junction
Ardclach Bell Tower
Dallas Dhu Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
Highland Railway Album: No. 1
Highland Railway Album: No. 2
Highland Railway Carriages and Wagons
Highland Railway: People and Places - From the Inverness and Nairn Railway to Scotrail
The Highland Railway
The Highland Railway : The History of the Railways of the Scottish Highlands - Vol 2