Broomhill

Location type

Station


Names and dates

Broomhill (1863-1965)
Broomhill (2005-)

Opened on the Inverness and Perth Junction Railway.

Open on the Strathspey Railway [Preserved].

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This is a single platform station on the Strathspey Railway (Preserved). The station is a superb reconstruction of the station in its former form.

It was closed in 1965 and only the stone platform and station cottage survived. The platform had been extended north in timber. There was a goods yard on the east side of the line, south of the station and approached from the north. There was a signal box from 1885.

The station re-opened with the extension of the preserved line from Boat of Garten in 2005. A loop was installed to the north of the station to allow locomotives to run round.

Local

Strathspey Railway

02/09/2019

Tags

Station terminus preservation heritage

External links

Canmore site record
NLS Collection OS map of 1892-1914
NLS Collection OS map of 1944-67