This is a modern two platform station, a footbridge with lifts, a station building on the westbound platform and a car park to the south. It opened to the north of the former Forres [2nd] station. Opening was in late 2017. The station is on a long loop.
To the west of the station is a new road bridge, built to replace the Waterford Road Level Crossing to the east of the former station.
The former station suffered from having a single platform in its later days, with the passing loop to the east. This meant that a westbound train would have to wait in the loop for a late eastbound train, with the passenger who wished to alight unable to do so.
The site of the new station is similar to that of Forres [1st], a little to its west.
Dallas Dhu Halt
| Forres Shed|
Forres West Junction
Forres South Junction
Forres East Junction
Findhorn Viaduct [Forres]
Dallas Dhu Siding
Dallas Dhu Distillery
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|22/07/1861||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Act obtained for a line between Dunkeld and Forres, and Ballinluig to Aberfeldy. Engineer: Joseph Mitchell.
|03/08/1863||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Forres to Aviemore opened.
|18/10/1965||Inverness and Perth Junction Railway|
Forres to Aviemore closed to passengers.