This was a two platform station on the Far North Line with a passing loop. The former westbound track remains, the eastbound one having been lifted. Both platforms remain, out of use. The former station building is similar to that at Georgemas Junction and is now a house. A level crossing exists to the west of the former station.
There was a footbridge at the west end of the platforms.
The goods yard was a single siding on the north side, east of the station, serving a goods shed which was east of the station building.
The original signal box opened with the station in 1874 and was replaced with north and south boxes in 1894. The north box was at the east end of the station, on the south side of the line opposite the goods yard turn out. The south box was at the west end, by the level crossing, at the west end of the southbound platform. The west end of the loop was west of the level crossing.
The station closed in 1960. The boxes and loop closed in 1966. The line remains open.
Loch Watten is south of the line west of the former station. The village of Watten is a mile to the south.
Welsh's Crossing Halt
Roster Road Halt
| Bridge of Wester|
Georgemas Trolley Shed
Loch of Wester
Grey Cairns of Camster
Wick Heritage Museum
Cairns of Yarrows Broch
Castle of Old Wick
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|28/07/1874||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Line opened from Helmsdale (Duke of Sutherland's Railway) to Wick with stations at Salzcraggie (Private), Kildonan, Kinbrace, Forsinard, Altnabreac, Scotscalder, Halkirk, Georgemas Junction, Hoy, Thurso, Bower, Watten, Bilbster and Wick.
|13/06/1960||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Halkirk, Bower, Watten and Bilbster closed.