This single platform station is closed. It was located between Georgemas Junction (to the south) and Thurso. The platform was on the east side of the line immediately north of a level crosing. There was a signal box at the south end of the platform by the crossing.
A pair of petrol depot sidings were put in during 1941. These were on the west side and approached from the north, both taking 19 wagons.
The station closed to passengers in 1965 and the box closed in 1967.
The line remains open.
The platform's remains can still be seen from the level crossing.
Welsh's Crossing Halt
| Georgemas Snowblower|
Georgemas Trolley Shed
Olgrinbeg Peat Powerstation (here?)
Balloch Railway Cottage
Dounreay Power Station
Bridge of Wester
Claiseag Railway Cottage
Cnoc Freiceadain Long Cairns
St Mary's Chapel Crosskirk
Loch of Wester
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|28/07/1874||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Line opened from Helmsdale (Duke of Sutherland's Railway) to Wick with stations at Salzcraggie (Private), Kildonan, Kinbrace, Forsinard, Altnabreac, Scotscalder, Halkirk, Georgemas Junction, Hoy, Thurso, Bower, Watten, Bilbster and Wick.
|25/11/1965||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Salzcraggie Platform, Borrobol and Hoy closed.