This was a single platform station located on the south side of the line.
The goods yard was a siding at the west end, approached from the east, on the south side and with a loading bank.
The signal box, opened in 1894, was at the west end of the platform. The box closed in 1949, replaced by a ground frame.
The station closed in 1960 and the siding was removed in 1965, but the line remains open.
The station building remains in use as a house. Bower itself is quite distant to the north.
Bower is the area to the north of the station. To the east the line passes Loch Watten on the north side and continues on to Wick.
To the west the line reaches Georgemas Junction.
Welsh's Crossing Halt
Roster Road Halt
| Georgemas Trolley Shed|
Olgrinbeg Peat Powerstation (here?)
Balloch Railway Cottage
Bridge of Wester
Loch of Wester
Grey Cairns of Camster
Wick Heritage Museum
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|28/07/1874||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Line opened from Helmsdale (Duke of Sutherland's Railway) to Wick with stations at Salzcraggie (Private), Kildonan, Kinbrace, Forsinard, Altnabreac, Scotscalder, Halkirk, Georgemas Junction, Hoy, Thurso, Bower, Watten, Bilbster and Wick.
|13/06/1960||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Halkirk, Bower, Watten and Bilbster closed.