This was a single platform station, located on the south side of the line, just east of a level crossing. Bilbster House was a little to the south.
There was a goods yard on the south side, approached from the east with a pair of sidings.
There was a signal box at the west end of the platform, opened 1894.
In 1950 the southern siding was lifted.
The station and box closed in 1960.
The line remains open. The station building and a railway cottage both remain as a private houses.
Welsh's Crossing Halt
Roster Road Halt
| Bridge of Wester|
Georgemas Trolley Shed
Loch of Wester
Wick Heritage Museum
Castle of Old Wick
Grey Cairns of Camster
Cairns of Yarrows Broch
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|28/07/1874||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Line opened from Helmsdale (Duke of Sutherland's Railway) to Wick with stations at Salzcraggie (Private), Kildonan, Kinbrace, Forsinard, Altnabreac, Scotscalder, Halkirk, Georgemas Junction, Hoy, Thurso, Bower, Watten, Bilbster and Wick.
|13/06/1960||Sutherland and Caithness Railway|
Halkirk, Bower, Watten and Bilbster closed.