North Leith [CR] (1879-1952)
Leith North (1952-1962)
Opened on the Leith North Passenger Branch (Caledonian Railway).
Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.
This was the passenger terminus for the Caledonian Railway Leith branch. The station and its approach from Newhaven Junction was added to the original goods only line of 1864 in 1879.
The original goods station was just to the north and was on a far larger scale than the passenger station.
The station survived closure for many years as a commercial premises. It has been demolished and replaced with yet another set of flatted dwellings. Nearby warehouses from the former Leith West Old Dock have survived in other uses.
Newhaven [Leith New Lines]
Leith Walk [CR]
Other railway and industry locations
Leith North Goods
Leith West Old Dock
North Leith Goods
North Leith Tunnel
Chancelot Mill [2nd]
Leith High Depot
Leith East Old Dock
Leith Engine Works
Leith Victoria Dock
Bonnington Goods Junction / Graham Street Junction
Leith High Depot Junction
Bowling Green Street Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|