Granton Road (1879-1962)
Opened on the Leith North Branch (Caledonian Railway).
This was a two platform station with offices above on the east side of the Granton Road overbridge. Platforms were to the east of the bridge running east towards the Wardie Road overbridge. There were waiting shelters on the platforms. There was no goods yard.
The station was built in 1879 on the 1864 goods and minerals line to North Leith. The line closed to passengers in 1962 and this portion closed completely in 1967. The station was about half a mile south of Granton itself and on higher ground.
The trackbed is now a footpath and the platforms survive. None of the station buildings have survived.
East Pilton Halt
Newhaven [Leith New Lines]
Granton Gasworks [Station]
Other railway and industry locations
Bruce Peebles Ltd
Newhaven Goods and Minerals
Pilton Junction East
Bonnington North Junction
Granton High Goods
Ferry Road Junction
Chancelot Mill [1st]
Bonnington Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|