Opened on the Craigendoran Pier Deviation.
Open on the Glasgow to Helensburgh.
The name Craigendoran comes from a farm which was located on the shore side of the original alignment.
This was a three platform station built on the deviation built through Craigendoran in 1882, later expanded to five.
Two platforms were on the double track deviation line, one platform was on Craigendoran Pier (see that entry for more details) and two were faces of an island on the 1894 West Highland Railway.
To the west of the Craigendoran main two platforms were carriage sidings, located on the north side of the line, served from the east.
Of all five platforms, only the up platform of the original through station remains, the down line between Craigendoran Junction and Helensburgh Central being lifted in the mid 1980s. The British Railways building has been demolished, replaced with a large bus shelter.
Greenock Princes Pier [2nd]
Greenock Princes Pier [1st]
Greenock Bridge Street
Other railway and industry locations
Craigendoran West Signal Box
Craigendoran West Yard
Craigendoran East Yard
Helensburgh Construction Camp
Ardmore West Signal Box
Craigendoran Old Ferry Pier
Camis Eskan House
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|07/08/1894||West Highland Railway|
Public opening from Fort William to Craigendoran. Stations opened at Craigendoran Upper, Helensburgh Upper, Row, Garelochhead, Arrochar and Tarbet, Ardlui, Crianlarich, Tyndrum [WHR], Bridge of Orchy, Gortan (private), Rannoch, Corrour (private), Inverlair, Roy Bridge, Spean Bridge and Fort William [1st].