This is a two platform station, the junction between the Helensburgh line and the Milngavie line is immediately to the west.
The station dates from 1913, associated with the development of Westerton Garden Suburb which was to the north.
Scotstoun Show Yard
| Westerton Junction|
Knightswood North Junction
Knightswood Brick Works
Cowdenhill Western Colliery
Netherton Rubber Works
Garscube Brick and Tile Works
Temple Park Iron Works
Temple Brick Works
St Germains Loch
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/09/1913||Glasgow and Milngavie Junction RailwayGlasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway|
Westerton station opened at the junction of the Milngavie line with the Singer line. Westerton Garden Suburb was being established in what was previously farmland to the north of the line.
|/07/1989||Yoker Re-signaling Scheme|
Re-signaling complete. Boxes at Helensburgh Central, Craigendoran, Dumbarton Central, Dalmuir Park, Singer, Milngavie, Westerton, Hyndland, Clydebank Dock, High Street East Junction, Bellgrove, Parkhead, Shettleston, Heatheryknowe Junction, Sunnyside Junction, Airdrie replaced by the new Yoker Signalling Centre.
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)