Fort William [1st]

Location type

Station


Name and dates

Fort William [1st] (1894-1975)

Opened on the West Highland Railway.

Note: text in square brackets is added for clarity and was not part of the location's name.


Description

This was a three platform terminus alongside the seafront and steamer pier in Fort William. It was replaced by Fort William when the line was cut back in 1975. Nothing remains of the station and the site is now a dual carriageway.


Tags

Terminus





Books