Craigendoran East Yard (1942-1960)
Opened on the Glasgow, Dumbarton and Helensburgh Railway.
Opened on the Military Port Number 1 Railway.
This wartime yard was opened to the east of Craigendoran Junction along with Craigendoran West Yard. Access was controlled by Craigendoran East signal box. The yard was laid out on the north east side of the line. It had two sets of sidings and a turntable, all approached from the west. The yards were used in combination with Ardmore Yard for Faslane Military Port.
The east yard was lifted here. The yard site is now in agricultural use.
Greenock Princes Pier [1st]
Greenock Princes Pier [2nd]
Greenock Cathcart Street [1st]
Other railway and industry locations
Ardmore West Signal Box
Craigendoran West Yard
Craigendoran West Signal Box
Ardmore East Signal Box
Helensburgh Construction Camp
Helensburgh Gas Works
Craigendoran Old Ferry Pier
Camis Eskan House
Moss Road Level Crossing
Ardmore Level Crossing
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
A Regional History of the Railways of Great Britain: Scotland - The Lowlands and the Borders v. 6 (Regional railway history series)
An Illustrated History of Glasgow's Railways
Glasgow Railway Memories
Glasgow's Last Days of Steam
Rails Around Glasgow
The Railways of Glasgow: Post-Beeching
The Vanished Railways of Old Western Dunbartonshire (Britains Railways/Old Photos)