Opened on the West Highland Railway.
This is an island platform station with an original West Highland Railway chalet-style building and signal box. A parcels building and short platform (both demolished 2017) also remain on the west side of the station. Access to the station is by means of a subway.
There are goods sidings, approach from the north, on the west side of the station. There was formerly a siding on the east side, serving a platform, which was accessed from the south. The sidings are now in use as a permanent way depot.
The stationmaster's house and railwaymen's cottages remain, in use as houses.
The island platform was extended northwards in the late 1980s/early 1990s around the time of the Sprinter introduction.
A turntable pit exists on the west side of the line north of the station, this is because the local service from Craigendoran Pier originally terminated here before being extended north to Arrochar and Tarbet.
Glen Douglas Halt
Greenock Princes Pier [2nd]
Finnart Oil Terminal
Glen Douglas MOD
Craigendoran West Signal Box
Craigendoran West Yard
Craigendoran Old Ferry Pier
Craigendoran East Yard
|07/08/1894||West Highland Railway|
Public opening from Fort William to Craigendoran. Stations opened at Craigendoran Upper, Helensburgh Upper, Row, Garelochhead, Arrochar and Tarbet, Ardlui, Crianlarich, Tyndrum [WHR] , Bridge of Orchy, Gortan (private), Rannoch, Corrour (private), Inverlair, Roy Bridge, Spean Bridge and Fort William [1st].