Opened on the West Highland Railway.
This was a two platform station, more typical of the stations on the northern section of the line.
There was a goods yard so the south of the line, approached from the west.
The loop here had a chequered history, it opened with the line and the box closed in 1921. A new loop extended further west opened during the Second World War, in 1941, but the box closed in 1950.
The surviving platforms are in concrete. Station buildings have not survived and the track has been slewed for a straighter alignment which serves neither platform.
Greenock Princes Pier [2nd]
Greenock Princes Pier [1st]
Craigendoran West Signal Box
Craigendoran West Yard
Craigendoran Old Ferry Pier
Craigendoran East Yard
Ardmore West Signal Box
Moss Road Level Crossing
|07/08/1894||[West Highland Railway]|
Public opening from Fort William to Craigendoran. Stations opened at Craigendoran Upper, Helensburgh Upper, Row, Garelochhead, Arrochar and Tarbet, Ardlui, Crianlarich, Tyndrum [WHR], Bridge of Orchy, Gortan (private), Rannoch, Corrour (private), Inverlair, Roy Bridge, Spean Bridge and Fort William [1st].