Cowdenbeath (New) (1890-1966)
Opened on the Kelty to Cowdenbeath (North British Railway).
Open on the Fife Circle.
This is a two platform station. The main station building, a modern structure, is on the up platform. The station features a lattice footbridge.
Goods facilities were at Cowdenbeath (Old) station, not far to the south on the original alignment.
The station was opened on the 1890 Cowdenbeath South Junction to Kelty South Junction shortcut which opened with the Forth Bridge Railway as one of the many improvements to the route between Edinburgh Waverley and Perth.
In 1919 a new link was installed between Cowdenbeath North Junction and Lumphinnans Central Junction. At the same time Cowdenbeath (Old) station closed.
Dunfermline Queen Margaret
Dunfermline (Comely Park)
Other railway and industry locations
Cowdenbeath No 7
Cowdenbeath Colliery Shed
Cowdenbeath Pit No 3
Doura Opencast Loading Pad
Cowdenbeath North Junction
Cowdenbeath Pit No 9
Lumphinnans Iron Works
Cowdenbeath Tram Depot
|Location names in dark blue are on the same original line.|
|01/02/1890||Edinburgh and Northern Railway|
New further west Bridge of Earn [2nd] station opened to serve both the Perth to Ladybank and Perth to Cowdenbeath lines. Bridge of Earn [1st] closes.
|05/01/1970||Glenfarg Line (North British Railway)Kinross-shire RailwayFife and Kinross Railway|
Cowdenbeath to Perth closed to passengers, Bridge of Earn [2nd] to Milnathort closed to goods, Cowdenbeath to Milnathort singled.